Alex’s Mobs adds a large amount of new items, mainly dropped by the additional mobs or crafted with the aforementioned drops. This article contains a list of items added by this mod.
Item List [ ]
Miscellaneous [ ]
These are items that only have uses for making recipes, taming mobs or they don’t have any uses.
- Acacia Blossom: Can be used to tame/breed Elephants, breed Gazelles and breed Tigers.
- Ambergris: Can be used to trade with Villagers and create an Echolocator.
- Bison Fur: Can be used to create decorative blocks or to upgrade powder snow resistance on boots.
- Cachalot Whale Tooth: Can be used to craft an Echolocator.
- Cockroach Wing Fragment: Can be used to craft Cockroach Wings.
- Crimson Mosquito Larva: Can be used to tame/breed Warped Toads, breed Laviathans and Jerboas, and create Mysterious Worms in a Capsid.
- Crimson Mosquito Proboscis: Can be used to craft a Blood Sprayer or upgrade the Blood Sprayer into a Hemolymph Blaster.
- Crocodile Scute: Can be used to craft a Crocodile Chestplate.
- Emu Feather: Can be used to craft a Banner Pattern or some Outback Leggings.
- Froststalker Horn: Can be used to craft a Froststalker Helmet.
- Guster Eye: Can be used to craft a Pocket of Sand or a Gustmaker.
- Hemolymph Sac: Can be used to upgrade the Blood Sprayer into the Hemolymph Blaster.
- Kangaroo Hide: Can be used to craft a Banner Pattern, some Leather or some Outback Leggings.
- Komodo Dragon Spit: Can be used to craft Slimeballs or a bottle filled with the stuff.
- Lost Tentacle: Can be used to craft a Grappling Squok.
- Mimicream: Can be used to upgrade a Blood Sprayer into a Hemolymph Blaster or duplicate equipment.
- Moose Antler: Can be used to craft an Antler Headdress.
- Mungal Spores: Can be used to breed Mungi or mutate a Rabbit into a Bunfungus.
- Raccoon Tail: Can be used to craft a Frontiersman’s Cap.
- Roadrunner Feather: Can be used to craft a Falconry Hood or some Roadrunner Boots.
- Rocky Shell: Can be used to craft a Rock Shell Chestplate.
- Serrated Shark Tooth: Can be used to craft a Shield of the Deep.
- Shark Tooth: Can be used to craft some Shark Tooth Arrows.
- Shed Snake Skin: Can be used to craft a Banner Pattern or a Vine Lasso.
- Spiked Scute: Can be used to upgrade a Turtle Shell into a Spiked Turtle Shell.
- Straddlite: Can be used to craft a Straddleboard, some decorative blocks and some Straddlite Saddles/Tack for riding Laviathans.
- Tarantula Hawk Wing: Can be used to upgrade an Elytra into a Tarantula Hawk Elytra.
- Tattered Tarantula Hawk Wing: Can be used to craft a Banner Pattern or a Tarantula Hawk Wing.
- Void Worm Eye: Can be used to craft a Dimensional Carver.
- Void Worm Mandible: Can be used to craft a Void Worm Beak or a Dimensional Carver.
- Warped Muscle: Can be used to upgrade a Blood Sprayer into a Hemolymph Blaster.
Consumables [ ]
These are items that can be consumed, some can also be used to tame mobs.
- Banana: Obtained by breaking jungle leaves.
- Blobfish: Obtained by slaying the mob equivelent of a Blobfish. Gives the Poison effect when eaten.
- Boiled Emu Egg: Obtained by cooking an Emu Egg.
- Cooked Kangaroo Meat: Obtained by cooking Kangaroo Meat.
- Cooked Lobster Tail: Obtained by cooking Lobster Tails.
- Cooked Moose Ribs: Obtained by cooking Raw Moose Ribs.
- Cosmic Cod: Obtained by slaying the mob equivelent of a Cosmic Cod.
- Fish Oil: Crafted with a Glass Bottle with four Blobfish. It does not restore hunger but gives the Oiled effect when doused.
- Gongylidia: Obtained by harvesting a Leafcutter Ant Chamber.
- Kangaroo Burger: Crafted with a piece of Cooked Kangaroo Meat and two pieces of Bread.
- Kangaroo Meat: Obtained by slaying a Kangaroo.
- Lobster Tail: Obtained by slaying a Lobster. Can also be used to tame Mimic Octopus, allow Seagulls to locate treasure and breed Mantis Shrimps and Platypus.
- Maggot: Obtained by slaying a Fly. Can also be used to heal Warped Toads as well as breed Roadrunners, Capuchin Monkeys and Jerboas.
- Rainbow Jelly: Obtained by slaying a Comb Jelly. It does not restore hunger but gives the player a Rainbow coloration.
- Raw Moose Ribs: Obtained by slaying a Moose. Can also be used to breed Snow Leopards.
- Sopa De Macaco: A special dish that can be crafted with a Bowl, Banana Peel, Brown Mushroom and a Bone.
Brewing Ingredients [ ]
These are items that can be used in brewing.
- Bone Serpent Tooth: Can be used to brew a Lava Vision Potion when combined with Lava Bottles.
- Cave Centipede Leg: Is used to craft Cave Centipede Leggings or brew Poison Resistance Potions if combined with Komodo Dragon Spit Bottles or Poisonous Essence.
- Cockroach Wing: Can be used to brew a Bug Pheromones Potion when combined with Awkward Potions.
- Dropbear Claw: Can be used to brew a Clinging Potion when combined with Awkward Potions.
- Gazelle Horn: Can be used to upgrade a Speed II Potion into a Speed III Potion.
- Hair of Bear: Can be used to brew a Knockback Resistance Potion when combined with Awkward Potions.
- Komodo Dragon Spit Bottle: Can be used to brew a Poison Resistance Potion when combined with a Cave Centipede Leg.
- Lava Bottle: Can be used to brew a Lava Vision Potion when combined with a Bone Serpent Tooth.
- Poisonous Essence: Can be used to brew a Poison Resistance Potion when combined with a Cave Centipede Leg.
- Rattlesnake Rattle: Can be used to brew Poisonous Essence when combined with Poison Potions. Can also be used to craft a Maraca.
- Soul Heart: Can be used to brew Soulsteal Potions when combined with Awkward Potions.
Weapons [ ]
These are items that are designed deal damage to mobs.
- Ancient Dart: Darts that can be given to tamed Capuchin Monkeys to add piercing and extra damage to their ranged attacks.
- Blood Sprayer: Ranged weapons that deal a small amount of damage and uses Blood Sacs as ammunition.
- Falconry Glove: Gloves that can be used to pick up and launch tamed Bald Eagles to send them into combat.
- Hemolymph Blaster: Upgraded Blood Sprayers that have better accuracy, deals extra damage and does not require ammunition.
- Pocket of Sand: Small bags of sand that deal a small amount of damage and inflict blindness onto targets.
- Shield Of The Deep: Special Shields that have more durability and inflict the exansguination effect onto attackers.
Armor [ ]
These are items that can be worn by players or mobs to receive armor points, some can also give the player or mob some abilities.
- Ancient Hogshoes: Shoes that can be equipped onto Tusklins to improve their ride.
- Antler Headdress: Helmets that can give the wearer increased knockback on their attacks.
- Cave Centipede Leggings: Leggings that can be worn to give the wearer the ability to climb up walls.
- Crocodile Chestplate: A Chestplate that can be worn to give the wearer extra swimming speed.
- Falconry Hood: A Hood that can be equipped onto tamed Bald Eagles that can allow their owner to manually control them.
- Fedora: A Hat that can rarely be obtained when a Platypus digs clay. It can be equipped onto a Platypus for decoration or can be worn by a player for a tiny amount of armor.
- Frontiersman’s Cap: A Cap that can give the wearer extra speed when sneaking.
- Froststalker Helmet: A Helmet that can be used to trick Froststalkers into thinking the wearer is a fellow Froststalker.
- Outback Leggings: Leggings that can be worn to give the wearer a 45% chance of dodging projectiles.
- Roadrunner Boots: Boots that can be worn to give the wearer extra speed when walking on Sand or Red Sand.
- Rock Shell Chestplate: A Chestplate that can be worn to give the wearer the ability to roll around although the chestplate is heavy.
- Sombrero: A Hat that can be obtained by slaying a mexican dancing Cockroach. It can be worn by a player for a tiny amount of armor.
- Spiked Turtle Shell: An upgraded Turtle Shell that gives the wearer knockback resistance, a thorns ability and extra water breathing.
- Tarantula Hawk Elytra: An upgraded Elytra that has armor points, extra durability and can be enchanted.
Tools [ ]
These are items that have other uses which don’t usually involve fighting.
- Dimensional Carver: A mysterious pickaxe that can tear through reality to create a portal which leads to the world spawn point.
- Echolocator: A tool that can be used to locate caves through echolocation.
- Enderiophage Rocket: Rockets that create a DNA bang instead of an explosive bang.
- Endolocator: A tool that can be used to locate End Portals in strongholds through echolocation.
- Grappling Squok: A tool that shoots out Giant Squid tentacles to add grappling abilities to the player.
- Maraca: A tool that is used to make rattling sounds. It can also be given to Cockroaches to make them dance in a mexican way.
- Vine Lasso: A tool that can thrown to leash any mob.
Ammunition [ ]
These are items which are used as ammo for ranged weapons.
- Blood Sac: Can be used to craft a Blood Sprayer or use as ammo for the Blood Sprayer.
- Shark Tooth Arrow: Can be used as ammo for Bows and Crossbows that provides better accuracy underwater and deals extra damage to aquatic mobs.
Mob Spawning Items [ ]
These are items that can spawn a mob when used (does not include spawn eggs).
- Bucket of Blobfish: Water Buckets that house Blobfish.
- Bucket of Comb Jelly: Water Buckets that house Comb Jellies.
- Bucket of Cosmic Cod: Empty Upturned Buckets that house Cosmic Cod.
- Bucket of Frilled Shark: Water Buckets that house Frilled Sharks.
- Bucket of Lobster: Water Buckets that house Lobsters.
- Bucket of Mimic Octopus: Water Buckets that house Mimic Octopus.
- Bucket of Platypus: Water Buckets that house Platypus.
- Bucket of Stradpole: Lava Buckets that house Stradpoles.
- Bucket of Terrapin: Water Buckets that house Terrapins.
- Cockroach Ootheca: Eggs which can be thrown to spawn multiple Baby Cockroaches.
- Emu Egg: Eggs which can be thrown to spawn a Baby Emu or can be cooked to create Boiled Emu Eggs.
- Leafcutter Ant Pupa: Baby Leafcutter Ants that can be used on a dirt block to start a new Leafcutter Ant colony or can be used to breed Anteaters and Jerboas.
- Mysterious Worm: A strange worm that can be thrown into the void to summon the Void Worm.
- Potted Flutter: Flower Pots that house Flutters.
Transportation Items [ ]
These are items that can be used for methods of transport.
- Chorus Fruit on a Stick: Can be used to manually control an Endergrade while riding one.
- Straddleboard: Can be used to surf on lava although it sinks on Water. Can also be enchanted.
- Straddlite Saddle: Can be equipped onto a Laviathan so players can ride on it.
- Straddlite Tack: Can be equipped onto a Laviathan so players can manually control it while riding.
Music Discs [ ]
These are items that can be put in a Jukebox to play music.
- Daze Music Disc : Can be obtained by placing any Music Disc (except Daze) inside a Capsid and waiting. Plays the song ‘Daze’ when played in a Jukebox.
- Thime Music Disc : Can be obtained as a rare loot item when bartering with Seals. Plays the song ‘Thime’ when played in a Jukebox.
Banner Patterns [ ]
These are items that can be used in a loom to put unique patterns on banners.
- Bear Banner Pattern : Crafted with Paper and Hair of Bear. The pattern is an icon of a Grizzly Bear.
- Caption Band Banner Pattern : Crafted with Paper and Shed Snake Skin. The pattern is a strange symbol.
- Star Cross Banner Pattern : Crafted with Paper and Kangaroo Hide. The pattern is the Australian Flag.
- Sun Symbol Banner Pattern : Crafted with Paper and a Tattered Tarantula Hawk Wing. The pattern is the Mexican Sun Symbol.
- Union Jack Ensign Banner Pattern : Crafted with Paper and an Emu Feather. The pattern is the Union Jack Ensign symbol found on some country flags.
Special Items [ ]
These are items which are either guides to the mod, easter eggs or creative mod exclusives.
- Animal Dictionary: A simple guide to all of the mobs.
- Bear Dust: An easter egg item that has a super rare chance of dropping by a Grizzly Bear. It plays various meme sounds when right-clicking.
- Halo: An item that can only be obtained with commands. It currently serves no purpose.
- Shrimp-Fried Rice: An easter egg item that is created by giving a Mantis Shrimp some rice from another mod and letting the Shrimp cook it at a Furnace or Smoker.
- Warped Mixture: An item that is only available in creative mod. It is used as an easy way to transform a Crimson Mosquito into a Warped Mosco.
Various status effects exist in this mod, whether from potions, mobs or from other means. This article contains a list of the status effect, describing their effects and means to obtain. All effects can be removed with Milk.
List of Obtainable Status Effects [ ]
The following status effects can be obtained by players.
Bug Pheromones [ ]
Clinging [ ]
Debilitating Sting [ ]
- An Effect which poisons the victim but paralyzes arthropods. It will stop if the victim is at half health and is not an arthropod. Attempts to heal while the effect remains will cause health to reduce until the affected is at half-health. Inflicted by a Tarantula Hawk.
Ender Flu [ ]
- After the effect runs out naturally, the user takes fatal damage and an Enderiophage will spawn. It can be cured by eating enough Chorus Fruit or by drinking Milk. Inflicted by an Enderiophage.
Exsanguination [ ]
Fleet-Footed [ ]
- Gives the user a speed boost when running and jumping. Effect applied when the player feeds a Jerboa handfulls of seeds.
Knockback Resistance [ ]
Lava Vision [ ]
Oiled [ ]
- Automatically makes the user float on the surface of water and oustide in the rain. Effect caused by drinking Fish Oil (This effect can be disabled in the config).
Orcas Might [ ]
Poison Resistance [ ]
Soulsteal [ ]
Sunbirds Blessing [ ]
- Slows the users fall speed, preventing fall damage and makes it easier to fly with an Elytra or Tarantula Hawk Elytra. Effect is applied when near a Sunbird.
Sunbirds Curse [ ]
- Speeds up the users fall speed, causing the user to hit the ground quicker. Effect is applied when the user attacks a Sunbird.
Tigers Blessing [ ]
- Tigers near the user will be neutral and will protect them from hostile mobs, however the effect will go away early if the user attacks a Tiger. Applied by feeding a Tiger chicken or porkchops.
List of Unused Status Effects [ ]
The following status effects are unused and currently cannot be obtained by players in survival.